What Makes life GOOD?

My photo
Southern California Zone 9
I am a stay at home mom raising two boys Ethan and Eric. My husband Brandon and I, raise our family in a christain home and have simplified life as mush as we can and hope our boys will love the simple things in life. Our favorite saying is Life is Good!! And life is truly good. I have a garden and hope that with lots of love this year it will have a good return of tomatoes, squash, beans, egg plant, peppers, melons,pumpkins and much more. We are looking forward to the warm weather so we can start our camping adventures and a little traveling. Hope you enjoy your visit on my blog and hope you will want to simlify your life a little and enjoy my project, recipes and tricks. Remember God created all and we do all to glorify him!!! God has truly belessed us!!!!!!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Scraps and Shirttails

 My Mom told me about this book and  suggested to me to start collecting shirt for the fabric. So for the  last  few years I have been  collecting all of my  husband's and kid's shirts and  I have about 2  trash bags  full of old dress shirts. Remember the bigger the shirt the more fabric you will get so look for the 2x or 3x shirts.










When I was at my  favorite thrift store's 1/2 off Saturday  sale I picked up 16 more shirt. They are all Light blue, green, yellow, and tan. The fabric I got out of the shirts was about 12  yards of fabric and was about $1.60  a yard. What a good deal!!!!  I will never buy quilt  fabric ever again. It also is a good feeling that  I am reusing something that has a already been used!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment